Part of our Walmart Every Little Step partnership, here are 10 tips for a great bath time with baby:
1. Gather everything you need so you won't need to go get something after baby's already in.
2. Put a small towel or a non-slip placemat in the bottom of the tub before putting in the water to keep them from slipping.
3. Fill the tub with a couple of inches of warm water, swirl it around to avoid hot spots.
4. Use one arm underneath to support baby's head neck & back, wash with the other.
5. To wash scalp, use a drop of hair & body cleanser and gently massage babys head.
6. Face & head first, diaper area last. Dont forget to wash behind the ears and the folds of the neck.
7. Remember to rinse and dry well, then mosturize. Moisturizing helps keep baby's skin healthy and less irritated.
8. Bathe newborns 2-3 times per week, increasing as they get older.
9. Better to bathe a baby BEFORE a feeding, too soon afterwards may make them uncomfortable if they're full.
10. Use dampened cotton makeup rounds to wash crusties from baby's eyes and clean in and around the base of newborn cords.
momstown and Today's Parent have partnered with Walmart Canada to help rollout Walmart's new Every Little Step program all about baby basics and the essentials that moms and babies need. Offering convenient free shipping, anytime, with no minimum purchase requirements, Walmart is a one stop online and in-store for all of your baby needs. Join the conversation online! #WMBabyBasics